Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 4 Vince's Birthday Pick

Wow!  I'm on a roll!!!  I don't think I have ever blogged even 2 days in a row!!!!

Well, tonight, we celebrated my brother's birthday.  He was 29 years old yesterday!  Really!!!

Anyway, we traditionally let the birthday person pick what we eat (with in reason!)  So, the menu
for today was:   Salmon, Asparagus, Chicken Baked Rice, and Berry Cobbler with Ice cream.

It's all pretty straight forward and easy.

I baked the 3 pound salmon fillet.  I rubbed it with garlic, ranch dressing and topped it with sliced almonds.
I covered it and baked it at 350 for 30ish minutes.

The asparagus was lightly boiled, drained and had melted butter on top.

The rice included an onion, some green and red peppers (that I found in the fridge) and a carrot as well as chicken base.  I baked it on 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I added a fresh pineapple and slaw marinated with raspberry and orange vinaigrettes.  Here's a plate:    



I used frozen triple berries, added some sugar and cornstarch, and topped with a gluten free crisp topping of oats, gluten free flour and sugar.  I cooked it for about 30 minutes on 350.   The finished result:


It could have easily been sugar free by adding sugar free sweetener.

Okay..........and.............Vince enjoying...................... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment