Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 9

I have been collecting the ends of homemade gluten free bread that have outlived their "freshness" in the freezer.  Today, Jerry had a swim meet, so I assembled the ingredients last night for:

Gluten Free Caramel Apple/Almond French Toast Bake.


On the ingredients, besides the bread, it has 4 eggs, 1 cup of coffee mate cream, 2 apples,
about 1/2 cup sliced apples and about 1/4 cup sugar free caramel flavoring. 
I baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered. 
Served hot or cold with some sugar free maple syrup (although caramel sauce
would have been good too). 

The verdict?  Jerry and I LOVED it, but not Noel so much.  Others either didn't say or didn't have it.

I liked it enough to make again.  I'll make sure Jerry is home for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment